To our wonderful patients:
We are thankful to all of you for your continued understanding and patience as we navigate ever-changing protocols and guidance regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. We reopened one year ago after being closed for 2 months. Our team has been resilient and flexible all while working so hard to care for you.
As a healthcare provider, we are under many pressures. We must answer to numerous regulatory agencies which has made developing protocols difficult. Being a small business owner with a team of 7 also adds to the responsibility. I have to consider and protect each employee and their families while also thinking about each of you. We love having such a diverse family of patients but with that diversity also comes many different perspectives! Please understand that the decisions we are making and will continue to make are not made lightly. Our team has made this decision together - with you and our families in mind.
At this time, our team will continue to wear masks in the office with patients. For our patients, masks will be encouraged while you are in our office, but not mandatory. If you have specific healthcare concerns and needs, please contact our office about your individual situation and we will do our best to accommodate you. For the time being, we will continue to schedule fewer patients at a time and minimize interactions but our schedule will return to a normal pace in January.
Listed below, you will find additional information about office protocols that will continue.
Again, we greatly appreciate how you have been so kind and caring toward me and our team. Your continued trust and support means so much and we look forward to continued growth and relationship together as your dental team.
Dr. Cara Hill and team
Hill Family Dentistry
Dentistry has always been a leader in sterilization and infection control. Our office follows infection control standards made by the CDC and OSHA. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice.
Is it safe for you to come to your dental appointment? Yes! And since dental care is essential health care, we urge you to not delay dental treatment. Every day, we diagnose minor, early oral health needs that can be treated easily and conservatively before a larger, more costly problem arises. Oral health is also linked to many overall health issues. We strongly recommend NOT delaying dental treatment. If you require special arrangements, please call!
If you choose to postpone dental treatment, we understand your personal decision. We URGE you, however, to be extra diligent with your home care – brushing properly at least twice a day, flossing and using a good mouth rinse. After the delay, when you do return, additional treatment may be needed.
Continued protocols and policies:
- Dr. Hill has invested in air purifiers for each room. They are medical grade and filter virus particles. They also help improve the overall air quality.
- You will notice our team wearing extra equipment! This is for your protection as well as ours! We promise we are still smiling at you behind our masks! You will still receive the same quality, personalized care that you have come to trust and rely on here at our office.
- It is imperative that we speak with or email each patient directly for confirmation of your appointment - many other patients are trying to get in as well. If you are not able to come, we must have as much notice as possible. If you prefer an email instead of a phone call, please email us at: [email protected]
-Your temperature will be taken when you arrive for your appointment.
-Do not bring anyone with you (adult or child) to your appointment. Exceptions are made for children with an appointment, special needs patients and for those patients requiring a translator. If you have a special circumstance, please contact us BEFORE the day of your appointment to review this.
- We have hand sanitizer that we ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office to use as needed. Upon entering the office either wash your hands in the restroom or use the hand sanitizer.
- Please do not wear gloves into our office. Proper hand hygiene is sufficient.
- You will see that our waiting room furniture has been rearranged and we will no longer offer magazines, books or children's toys since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect. If you would like a magazine, please ask and take it home with you.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- The common surfaces throughout the office, such as the waiting room, door handles and restroom, are disinfected multiple times each day.
- We have always requested that our patients not come in sick to an appointment. This applies to all sickness, not just COVID.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. You can also follow us on Facebook for updates!
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Email: [email protected]